Penang Convention & Exhibition Bureau (PCEB) is a state bureau established in 2016 to develop the Business Events and meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions (MICE) industry in Penang. PCEB aims to position Penang as the preferred location for Business Events activities in the region. With its rich UNESCO heritage, thriving multicultural society, state-of-the-art facilities and vibrant natural attractions, Penang offers a truly eclectic tropical experience.
In line with its mission to incubate the growth of Business Events in Penang, PCEB serves as Penang’s focal point for the coordination of all Business Events, activities, providing expert assistance to organisations and Business Events planners at every step of the planning. PCEB’s team of industry experts work hand-in- hand with professional service providers and world-class hotels, convention centres and unique venues to ensure the smoothness and success of each event organized. PCEB’s goal is to enhance our Business Events clients’ experience and at the same time to expand the beneficial economic impact of local MICE businesses.
/ Our Objectives
- To serve as Penang's focal point for coordinating all MICE activities
- To provide expert services to enhance the quality of MICE client's experience
- To expand beneficial economic impact of MICE businesses in Penang
- To liaise closely with MyCEB in the effort to bid for MICE events in Penang
- To advise and assist MICE organisers in planning and promoting their events internationally
- To serve as the chief liaison to all levels of government departments for support facility
- To assist and facilitate MICE industry stakeholders and community at large through our diverse and extensive marketing initiatives
/ Annual Review 2016
In our first year of operations, PCEB carried out a comprehensive data collecting exercise, resulting in Penang’s first ever Business Events industry review. Titled ‘Vision Insight’, the 2016 Review provides an analysis of business events activities in the state demonstrating the key trends and factors that affect the industry. It also contains a summary of PCEB’s activities in their first year of operations.
Download 2016 Review: Vision Insight.
/ Annual Review 2017
The 2017 Review is a result of the year-long data collection initiative by PCEB to document the success of Penang’s Business Events industry. The in-depth review provides statistics and comparisons of the all the sectors and markets that contribute to the Business Events industry in Penang.
Download 2017 Review: Vision Insight.
/ Annual Review 2018
PCEB reports Business Events Penang achievement of RM 1.313 billion in estimated economic impact for Year 2018, 31% increase from 2017.
Download Business Events Penang 2018 Annual Review.