Penang Convention & Exhibition Bureau (PCEB) is a state bureau established in 2016 to develop the meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions (MICE) industry in Penang.
PCEB aims to position Penang as the preferred location for MICE activities in the region. With its rich UNESCO heritage, thriving multicultural society, state-of-the-art facilities and vibrant natural attractions, Penang offers a truly eclectic tropical experience.
In line with its mission to incubate the growth of MICE in Penang, PCEB serves as Penang's focal point for the coordination of all MICE activities, providing expert assistance to organisations and MICE planners at every step of the planning.
PCEB's team of industry experts work hand-in-hand with professional service providers and world-class hotels, convention centres and unique venues to ensure the smoothness and success of each event organized.
PCEB's goal is to enhance our MICE clients' experience and at the same time to expand the beneficial economic impact of local MICE businesses.
/ Our Objectives
- To serve as Penang's focal point for coordinating all MICE activities
- To provide expert services to enhance the quality of MICE client's experience
- To expand beneficial economic impact of MICE businesses in Penang
- To liaise closely with MyCEB in the effort to bid for MICE events in Penang
- To advise and assist MICE organisers in planning and promoting their events internationally
- To serve as the chief liaison to all levels of government departments for support facility
- To assist and facilitate MICE industry stakeholders and community at large through our diverse and extensive marketing initiatives
/ Annual Review
In our first year of operations, PCEB carried out a comprehensive data collecting exercise, resulting in Penang’s first ever Business Events industry review. Titled ‘Vision Insight’, the 2016 Review provides an analysis of business events activities in the state demonstrating the key trends and factors that affect the industry. It also contains a summary of PCEB’s activities in their first year of operations.
Download 2016 Review: Vision Insight.